- Education and Science»
- Geography, Nature & Weather
8 Tips on Fighting Global Warming
Global Warming Cause and Effect
Global warming affects everyone anywhere. It happens when the temperature of the earth rises as it heats up. The increase of temperature occurs when carbon dioxide, methane, nitrous oxide, and water vapor (collectively known as greenhouse gases) trap light and heat from the sun in the atmosphere of the earth. Consequently, global warming hurt not only people, but also all the living things on earth. The resulting effect of this is death.
For one, Al Gore is an advocate on the fight to stop climate change. He is recently known as the presenter of a documentary about climate change entitled “An Inconvenient Truth”. You can also be a part of this fight by doing the following simple things in order to help our environment.
- Conserve water. El Niño-Southern Oscillation is just around the corner. Many scientists believe that global warming will result to more persistent El Niño phenomena. One thing you can do is to conserve water as much as possible. When washing your hand or the dishes, do not let the water just run while your are rinsing. Keep your faucets closed when not in use.
- Plant a tree. Trees are very important in our ecosystem because these release oxygen that is needed by human beings and animals alike. The air we breathe are cleaned by the trees as they suck up carbon dioxide.
- Replace conventional light bulbs with fluorescent bulbs. If possible, replace the traditional bulbs with fluorescent light bulbs for these use up less amount of energy while giving the same amount of light.
- Conserve energy at your home and office. If you are not using an appliance, turn it off. Remember that a television in standby mode still consumes a great deal of the energy the television use when turned on.
- Take part of the Earth Hour 2010. This is a global event that is organized by the World Wide Fund for Nature or World Wildlife Fund (WWF) in order to raise the awareness towards the necessity of taking action on fighting climate change. Every last Saturday of March every year, households as well as business entities are asked to turn off their non-essential lights together with their electrical appliances for 60 minutes. This is also a part of conserving electrical energy.
- Take a walk or ride a bike if your destination is near. Instead of burning gallons of gasoline of your car, you can help prevent the excessive release of carbon dioxide in the air by means of just taking a walk or riding a bike especially if your destination is not so far.
- Use recycled materials. This is very essential to the environment since you are not just throwing away materials. The more you recycle things, the more you can help on preventing too much exposure of carbon dioxide in the air we breathe.
- Inform other people. It is important to disseminate information to other people about global warming so that others can be aware of its causes and effects.
Are you interested on helping to fight global warming? Are you now getting paranoid about what to do in order to help the environment for the sake of our generation and the future of our children? If yes, then it is the best time to make a move to fight climate change with the mentioned tips on hand.