- Education and Science»
- Psychology & Psychiatry»
- Personality Theory & Personality Tests
Traits Of A Type A Personality
When I first start this hub I though I was a certified Type A Personality. I was a little taken aback to find out that I was not. Oh, I have many of the personality traits of the Type A Personality but I'm finding that I don't have all of them.
For instance, I am a work-a-holic. But I am not ruthless. I spend more time than most, I think, working at my regular job, writing, and crafting. I am competitive to an extent. I push myself to do my best but I am happy for someone who does better.
Anyway, the list of traits that are the same and the list of traits that are different go on and on. But, you know what I mean. Good news, it is not a common thing to have all of the traits for any one personality.
A little about Type A Personality Types
Type A personalities typical are very competitive and goal-oriented. You will find them in a leadership position and in a business setting, or sports setting of one type or other. They will do what it takes whatever the consequences. They will work themselves to the bone to succeed.
The A personality will most often view a stressful situation as a challenge to overcome. They will not allow it to overwhelm or defeat them. You will often find this personality type are typically the most at risk for cardiac and coronary disorders. You will find this type most likely to have a heart attack.
Type A Personality Traits
cannot seem to sit still - always need to be doing something
competitive - always has to be the best, must win, winning is everything
controlling - many describe them as a control freak
cynical - it's a dog eat dog type of type of competitive view
easily wound up and tend to overact
experience a constant sense of urgency
high blood pressure
higher risk of heart attack
impatient with delays and unproductive time
money importance - They spend or give money as a way of showing love and affection. It is their empowerment and security. They value themselves and what they do by money, what it's worth, how much it cost, how much did they earn, have or spend.
multitasker - always doing more than one thing at a time
poor impulse control - mostly in risk taking and anger
prone to developing stress related illnesses
strive towards goals without feeling a sense of joy in their efforts or accomplishments
time urgency - seem to be in a constant struggle against the clock. Time is important to them: they need to be on time, avoid running out of time, have a clock or watch near by so they can measure time.
Stress and the Type A Personality
We now know that the Type A Personality is dealing with a tremendous amount of stress. The question is, how do you relieve some of this stress so it does not become physically harmful?
- The first thing you need to do is make yourself as flexible as you can. Try not to set such rigid deadlines. Try not to have such a rigid approach.
- Learn how to delegate. Let go of some of the work. Allow someone to help you accomplish your goals.
- Learn how to manage your time a little better. Analyze your approach to work and weed out some of the little things that you do that can be skipped.
- Make sure you allow yourself access to elimination of some of you stress. Jump in the pool and swim a few laps, join a gym and take the time to go.
- Make sure you take a little break ever now and then. Sit and sip a cup of coffee or your favorite beverage. Take a short walk. Sit back and close your eyes. Relax for a minute or two.
- People's Personality Traits
Everyday we communicate with many people. In some case we find communication is very easy and in some cases we find it very difficult to have successful communication. We feel this as different people hold different characteristics or personality tra
- Eye Color And Your Personality Traits
Do the color of your eye effect your personality? If yes then what your eye color means? Learn a little bit about your eye color and its impact on your personality traits in this article!!!
- How Birth Order Affects Personality Traits
Recent sociological studies have shown that there is a direct correlation between the birth order of children within a family and the children's personality traits.
- Personalities - Personality Traits and the Character...
Each of us is unique in large part because of our personalities. There are observable personality traits. There are many theories about personalities. The Big 5 Factor is one well known theory.