10 Life Lessons to (Hopefully) Make Life Easier
1. While money tends to be at the root of our problems, that doesn't make it evil. It's simply an object society has given value to. Don't follow societal standards. Put less value in money and more value towards the things that are truly important in life. When you look back in twenty years, are the things you put value into today still going to matter?
2. Your dreams are too important to let fear get in the way. Do what you want and don't worry what everyone else thinks. I know this sounds obvious, but it's the obvious things that tend to be most forgotten.
3. There are some things you can't change in life, yourself included. Yes, you can change your hair color and your clothes. But until you can truly accept and like yourself ( inside and out) your life will continue to be miserable.
4. Everyone has the right to choose their own destiny. You may think you know what's best for someone, but it's important to let people experience their own mistakes and gaffes. On the other side of the coin, don't let people decide your destiny. You may be afraid to stand up for yourself, but be sure to look back up at number 2.
5. Always follow your gut. I personally don't believe in fate, but I believe that almost everyone has at least a little bit of intuition. So, if you feel something isn't right, then go with it. Intuition usually comes with a lot of common sense and even if you don't have a lot of common sense, those who don't tend to have plenty of luck.
6. Don't hold grudges. In the end, they only hold you back. You lose your friends, family and opportunities and too much time stressing about them.
7. Be grateful for each moment you have. Remember that most people take life for granted when, really, it could be taken away from them at any moment. Now that's a cheery thought, isn't ti?
8. Being kind to be people is more important than always being right. It's human nature to want to prove people wrong, but that doesn't mean you have to do it.
9. Believing in yourself is the best gift you can give yourself. If you don't believe in yourself then no one else is and all that will happen is a whole lot of you getting pushed around.
10. The meaning of life is not found in something other than life. So don't go looking for happiness or fulfillment in inanimate objects.