- Education and Science
What are the Factors that can Affect a Person’s Outlook in Life
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self." - Aldous Huxley
Outlook is termed as mental view or a mental picture of
things or in other words it is the philosophy of life. Our outlook in life
steer us on how to correlate with the people, things and events around us. Positive outlook in like can help us muddle through the unending challenges, obstacles, troubles and odds.
Here is the list of factors that can affect an individual’s outlook in life:
- Inherited traits and other features
- Education or training
- Experiences in life
- Religious beliefs
- Environment (which can be affable, antagonistic, hard-up, enviable, competitive and the like)
- Family, friends, peers, bosses, colleagues, relatives and relations
- Media – radio, television, movies, magazines, newspapers and the like
- Technology – computers, gadgets, internet, mobile phones, devices, equipments.
- Career and jobs
These factors can either make or break a person’s outlook in life. Keep in mind that people with a positive outlook in life sees life as full of gladness, contentment and optimism, whilst a negative-minded individual sees life the other way around, full of misery, angst, hatred, and/or lack of hope and self-esteem.
Brighter outlook in life can help you see light at the end of the tunnel; it improves your behavior and attitude which are important whatever comes your way. Moreover it guides you to act rationally in home, school, work place and in your neighborhood.
To cultivate a holistic lifestyle with positive outlook in life, you must able to fortify your faith in the Creator, in one’s self, in one’s family and in others. It is also wise to overcome your weaknesses as much as possible. It will be easy for you to collar good results with your goals if you have the right motivation to go on.
Here are some effective tips to develop a philosophy which will turn your life into meaningful and worthwhile:
- Harness Christian principles of living
- Refrain from making negative thoughts
- Accept criticisms positively
- Avoid being conceited and self-centered
- Constantly think of the interests and wellbeing of others
It is sometimes tough to be mature but we need to be in evolving process to go on well with our lives today and in the coming days.