What is quiz bee :: What to do for quiz competition :: What are the possible questions in quiz bee contest
Here are the frequently asked questions about quiz bee. This hub also contains tips on how to prepare for a quiz bee:
What is quiz bee? It is one of the events held in schools to test the intellectual capabilities of students in different subjects such as science, mathematics, social science, current events, and general knowledge. Some quiz bee competition is confined to a specific area such as mathematics, bible, science, chemistry, physics, information and technology, and technology and livelihood education (tle) and the list goes on.
How to win a quiz bee contest?
You need to be good all around and as many subjects or topics as you can. You must be good in memorizing and at the same time good in solving mathematics and science word problems. Constant reading will help a lot. You may also keep on having some practice on solving different problems in math and science.
Start reviewing from the basics since this will serve as a good start for you and at the same time a good foundation for you. You may click and read how to win a quiz bee contest or competition to give you further information.
What to do for quiz competition?
You need to have an ample time in reviewing and use your time very well. When it comes to various topics to review bear in mind that quality is better than quantity, but quality combined with quantity is far greater. Concentrate on questions that have greater chances of being asked in the actual competition.
Preparation is the key here. Keep on reading and reading, there are seas of information you need in the internet or in the library near you. Watch an actual quiz bee competition if you have the chance to do or watch a videotaped contest on the internet. This will give you an idea about quiz bee and this will somehow make you feel at ease. Mathematics is more about questions that can be solved in one to two minutes so there is no need for you to review on mathematical problems that will require a lot of time to solve or very difficult to solve. Review useful and important formulas used in math and science.
During the actual competition just stay calm and have full concentration on the questions are being asked. Don’t be too nervous just keep cool.
What are the possible questions in quiz bee contest?
Most of the time, a quiz bee contest is broken down into three or four rounds. These rounds may consist of easy, average, difficult and clincher. In current events significant news that happened for the last twelve months will appear as questions in the competition.
Bear in mind that questions that are asked are always sensible, substantial and useful. Some would even require common sense.
See to it that you’ve read a lot about famous celebrities and personalities ancient or modern. Read a lot of facts and trivia. Watch live or videotaped quiz bee competition so you will know the typical questions that are given in the contest.
Look out for tricky questions too especially on questions that will require solving for the possible answer will be 0 and 1. In word problems keep in mind that most answers are whole numbers.
Here is a short list of topics to concentrate on. Being familiar with these will certainly boost your stock knowledge and will reinforce further your foundation
- The capital of the different countries in the world
- The capital of the different states or provinces in your country
- The different money currencies around the world
- Facts and trivia about anything under the sun
- The different presidents of your country
- Current movie hits
- Latest controversies
- The smallest and biggest stuffs (animals, plants, people, mountains, waterfalls, etc.)
- Past blockbuster movie and top money earners
- Famous personalities that are featured in print (TIMES, Forbes, newspapers, etc.) or in television
- Significant news that transpired (worldwide or local)
- Common acronyms (UNESCO, NASA, FAO, TNT, GATT, etc.)
- Important terms and definitions in science, social science and math (inertia, force, acceleration, velocity, power, etc.)
- Latest craze, craving, fad or fashion
- Phenomenon and mysteries (Aurora Borealis, Tsunami, Blue Moon, Van Allen Belt, etc.)
- Winner of awards in Tony, Oscars and among others
- Important events and personalities in history (world and local)
- Famous man-built structures
- Natural calamities that affected people around the world (names of recent devastating hurricanes, typhoons and cyclones, tsunami, earthquakes, etc.
- Mythical Gods and Goddesses
- Famous singers old and new and their hits (Mariah Carey, Justin Beiber, Michael Jackson, etc.)
- Famous artists and painters (Leonardo Da Vinci, Picasso,
- Famous writers and books (William Shakespeare, Edgar Allan Poe, Agatha Christie, J.K. Rowling)
- Environmental issues and concerns
- Hosts of much-anticipated and important events around the world (Olympics, Earth Summit, APEC meeting, etc.)
- Important celebrities in entertainment and sports (Tiger Woods, Magnus Carlsen, Manny Pacquiao, Lance Armstrong, Brad Pitt, etc.)
- Famous scientists and inventors that made great contributions to humanity and the advancement of modern technology (Alfred Nobel, Dmitri Mendeleyeev, Isaac Newton, Albert Einstein, Blaise Pascal, Thomas Alba Edison, etc.)
- Important terms and definitions in Information and technology.
What is the most asked math problem in quiz bee?
The different word problems are the frequently asked math problems in quiz bee like digit, numbers, rate, clock, work, mixture, interest, and the like. Also master and memorize commonly used formulas in physics, chemistry, algebra, trigonometry, geometry and even calculus you might use this when you come across with solving math problems. Also memorize the area, volume and surface formulas.
My 18th hub in the HubChallenge
Thanks a lot for the read… I hope I can be able to update this article soon.
By the way feel free to give your feedback in the comment section of this hub below.