- Education and Science»
- History & Archaeology»
- History of the Modern Era»
- Twentieth Century History
World War 1 Pop Quiz
World War 1 1914-1918
World War one is studied in schools all over the world as a part of their curriculum and of course when learning about something no matter the subject teachers have a way of spoililng your day by throwing in a pop quiz or even an exam when you least expect it.
Wouldn't it be great if you knew the questions and the answers to those questions before your teacher even thought about quizzing your class?
This page was made just for you, it contains a list of the 10 most asked Pop Quiz and Exam questions related to World War One and of course the answers, it also contains some useful links to pages to help you with your World War One class projects.
Most Asked WW1 Questions
World War 1 Questions
1) When did World War 1 take place? ( or you could be asked When did the war begin? or when did the war end?)
Answer. World war one began on August the 4th 1914 and ended on the 11th of November 1918, you may just get extra credit for giving the exact dates.
2) Which event Sparked the start of the war?
The Assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand in Sarajevo on June 28th 1914 was the final straw that led to the Great war.
3) What was the other name for World War 1?
World War 1 was also called The Great War.
4) Many people said that the war would be over by Christmas, but it soon became apparent that the war would be a long drawn out affair Why?
Both sides dug Trenches which made it difficult for either side to gain ground on the other.
5) Name one of Germany's allies in World War 1?
Germany only had three allies in World War one they were Austria Hungary, The Ottoman Empire and Bulgaria
6) Who was the American President during World War 1?
7) When did America enter the war
6th of April 1917
8) What was the area between the opposing trenches called
The area from one trench to an opposing trench was called No mans land.
9) Poison Gas was used by the German army during the war but what was the gas
The poison Gas used was Chlorine
10) When did the war end?
The cease fire was signed on the 11th of November 1918 bringing an end to hostilities.
Pop Quizview quiz statistics
World War 1 Help Pages
When studying World war one pupils are often asked to complete a project pertaining to the trenches, It could be that you are asked to write a letter to a family member about what life is like for a soldier in the trenches or it could be that you are asked to write about the daily routine of a soldier fighting in the trenches.below you will find a list of articles written by me that should help you through these assignments.
Germany's Plan to invade France Via Belgium The Schlieffen Plan
The road to War The causes of World war one
What was life like for a soldier fighting in the trenches? Trench Warfare
What was the daily routine in the trenches and what did the soldiers eat? A day in the trenches
Weapons used in World war 1 World War Weapons
A letter from a soldier in the Trenches A letter from the trenches
Why did America enter the War? America declares war on Germany
How much did WW1 Cost? The cost of war
Women in WW1 The changing role of women in WW1