Why Hire a Bail Bondsman
Getting arrested can be a terrifying experience. Not only do you have to sit in that cold and lonely cell and think about what just happened, you must also pay a hefty fee that will let you go free until your court date. These fees, though, are often so high—that even 10% can put a strain on your finances. If you've been arrested and would like to get out as soon as possible, it's high time you consider the simplest and most affordable option: bail bonds.
Getting Arrested is Never Fun
Regardless of the circumstances of your arrest, getting in trouble with the law is never fun. Besides it being an incredibly stressful time for everyone involved, staying in jail is simply not an option for you. Even a few days can cost you so much more than just your precious time.
- You could lose your job. Having an employee who’s behind bars and can’t come to work every day is not just bad for the business, it’s also going to look so bad for the company because companies generally don’t associate themselves with criminals.
- Keeping a clear mind is a must. Having a clear and concise thought means a lot to the overall case—it’s pretty much what’s going to help you make those big decisions. And this, my friend, can only be achieved while walking free and not in jail.
- You have a case to build. Building a good case with a lawyer is hard enough, so just imagine how much harder it is to do when you’re in jail. Communication is key, but with everything being monitored and done only during specified hours, it’s almost impossible.
You want to win, of course. And you sure can if you build your case from the outside. The overall process is just much easier to navigate when you’re not locked up in some prison cell. You got this. And if you want to increase your chances of getting out by a ridiculous amount, then hiring a bail bondsman is your best bet.
How Bail Bonds Work
Why Hire a Bail Bondsman?
You have to get the right person to do the job—someone who knows the system inside out. It's tempting to think that you can handle it all on your own, sure, but in situations where you have options to get out sooner, getting the help of a bail bondsman can be a smart thing to do. Here are a few reasons why:
They simplify the process.
A good bail bondsman is equipped with skills that can help reduce the stresses caused by the situation. For one, they can make sure that the process moves forward as easy as possible – from delivering the essential bail information (for quick bail arrangements and bond writing), to establishing the necessary financial arrangement like collateral or credit terms. On top of providing other key information in easily understandable steps, they also deliver honest advice for the situation.
They can get you out of jail fast.
Proceedings can stretch on for months or even years and, let’s face it, you don’t want to stay that long in a jail cell when you could be at home instead. While it all depends on the time of the arrest and the type of crime committed, a bail bondsman can lessen your jail time—or, sometimes, even get you out within 24 hours. In most cases, the really good ones can take care of the entire process even over the phone or through the wonders of the Internet.
What's the most common reason why people get arrested?
They know a lot about criminal law.
You need someone who knows how best to help you at the moment. And so equipped with a good understanding of incarceration and criminal law, a bail bondsman can easily lay out the best options for the kind of case you’re charged with. They can also make better assessments and provide specific recommendations without any delays or complications, which can be especially key if you are wrongfully arrested.
They provide confidential help.
No one ever really brags about the time they spent in prison because, well, it isn’t exactly something to be proud of. You want to forget about it and just move on with your life—and these are incredibly hard to do when other people know about your experience. Instead of approaching your family and friends to come up with the amount of money needed for your bail, hire a bail bondsman to do all the work. And if you’re worried, don’t be. A good one is always happy to offer a safe space, provide respectful service, and assist you in complete confidentiality.
How to Find the Right One
So now you know how they can help you. But with so many bail bondsmen out there, how do you choose the right one? Here are a few key things to consider:
- Is the bond agency local? This is important, as a local bondsman knows the jails and their procedures, the courts, the staff, and all the other key factors that will help obtain the fastest possible release.
- How long have they been the biz? Their experience determines their expertise in all things courts and jails, as well as the ins and outs of each institution. An experienced and knowledgeable bail bondsman will make sure that the release process goes smoothly.
- How quickly can bail bonds be issued? The right bail bondsman for you has a well-organized system for ensuring that things go as quickly as possible. If they’re available 24/7 and they provide such incredibly convenient services like house calls, then you’ve got a good one.
- What payment terms do they offer? These things can be pretty confusing and overwhelming (especially during a stressful time like this) but a reliable bondsman will explain all of your options in plain and simple terms so you can feel confident when making a decision.
Get Your Life Back on Track
Getting arrested is always an incredibly harrowing experience, and the prospect of having to spend time in jail is enough to make anyone crack. The good news is bail bondsmen exist, and they work non-stop to get you returned safely to your family and help you get your life right back on track. Waste no time. If you need one, find a good one and get the the help that you need.