- Education and Science»
- School & Classroom Etiquette & Social Skills
There's a new war being fought, an old enemy making a comeback but, this war isn't in Iraq or Afghanistan, it's in the hallways of our schools. Everyday we send our kids out to fight a losing war, unless we do something about it.
Everyday a kid commits suicide because of name calling and constant bullying, there are many forms of bullying and it seems like the most common is cyber bullying and name calling. For those of you who say words don't matter, words have the biggest effect on everyone and everything, anyone whose been bullied and called names understands.
There's many factors for people to start bullying, trouble at home, having a hard time adjusting, they were bullied themselves and now they're taking out their anger on others. Whatever the cause is, it has to stop.
Here are a few ways you can help stop bullying before it begins.
- Talk to your kids: Taking time to discuss the effects and consequences of bullying.
- Take a Stand: Telling your kids to always do the right thing like, sticking up for someone whose being bullied or telling a teacher/parent of what's going on.
- Kindness: Being nice, generally nice to someone, not excepting anything for their kindness. Talking to someone whose normally lonely can make a huge difference in their lives.
- Checking up and Catching up: Take time to listen to your kids, showing that you care about everything in their lives can also be the difference. There's many kids who believe their parents don't care so they translate their sadness as anger and act out negatively towards others.
You can't stop bullying by just sitting around and watching, it's time to act. Parents it tome for you to step into the battle field and end the war, our Young Soldier's has fought alone.
© 2018 Jennifer Flores