- Education and Science»
- History & Archaeology
Everyday is significant-October (First half)
No day is bad!
People often wait for a 'good day' to start doing a good work. But, No, it is proper forethought, planning, ability to accumulate resources etc, that make a venture success. If we look into the history, we shall understand that everyday has witnessed an important event.
I propose to publish a series of 12 articles in which I wish to bringforth how each day in every month has seen something significant. As the first attempt, I hereby devote this article for the significance of each day in October, the month that is to follow immidietely. In this first part, significance of the days in the first fortnight of October is narrated.
1st october -
*First postal stamp was printed in India-1854
*Blood donation week begins
*Begining of world wildlife week
* Intenational Day for senior citizens
*Mahathma Gandhi was born-1869
* Lal Bahadur Shastri, Second prime minister of India, was born.
*World cleanliness day.
* World Animal Habitat Day.
* India's longest distance train 'Himsagar Express' started from
Kanyakumari for Jammu .
*USSR launches the satelliteSPUTNIK and declares the statring of
* World wild Animal WElfare Day.
* India celebrate 'National Integration Day'.
* British rulers permit East India Company to mint two types of coins 'rupee' and 'paise' as Indian curencies.
*Great Hindi Novelist and short story writer Munshi Premchand dies-1936
*Indian Penal Code was passed this day-1860
* Death anniversary of Guru Govind Singh, A prominent Guru of Sikh religen
* Dr.Hapkin invents vaccine for plague -1896
* Mother Teresa statrs 'Missionaries of Charity ' in Kolkota, India.
* World wildlife day.
* Royal Indian Airforce started-1932
*Indian Air-force Day.
* Death Of Jayaprakash Narayan, Indian freedom fighter and close associate of Mahathma Gandhi, 1979
*Indian Atomic Research Centre at Mumbai produced Uranium-233, in 1970
*World Post office Day.
*Indian Postal Day.
*UN International Day nuclear reduction
*Jayaprakash Narayan , Famous freedom fighter and social worker from India , born-1902
* Amithabh Bacchan. famous cine-star from India, born-1942
*World sight Day..
*Death anniversary of Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia,freedom fighter and leader of socialist movement in India.
*Birth of scientist Alfred Bernard Nobel,-1833
*UN International day for Reduction of Natural Disasters.
*World Standards Day
* Dr. Baba Saheb Ambedkar embraces Buddhism
*Akbar, famous Mughal emperor of India, born-1542
*World White cane Day.
As the article is becoming too lenghty, I wish to stop it here, and next half will be published in the next hub.It can be seen from the above data that everyday is remarkable for one reason or the other.