Prana is the Sanskrit word for "Vital Life". The term Prana was first mentioned in Upanishads. Prana is a central concept in Ayurveda and Yoga, where it is believed to flow through a network of fine subtle channels called nadis.
The 5Pranas as per Hindu Scripture are:
1. Prana which means breath. Prana is responsible for heart beating and breathing (Nose).
2. Vac which means speech. Vac is responsible for producing sound(Mouth).
3. Chakshus which means Sight (Eyes).
4. Shrotra which means Hearing (Ears).
5. Manas which means Mind (Mind).