scruffyfy profile image 60

Is it appropriate to give medicines (Ranitidine) to be exact IVTT while BT is going on?

I have a question to ask regarding giving medication while blood transfusion is on going. I had a case one time in which the patient has an ongoing Blood transfusion and her ranitidine needs to be given at that certain time. Now, I told my colleague that I will just give the medication after her BT because I felt it wasn't appropriate to interrupt the transfusion. But then, she told me that it is still okay to give the drug provided that I flush the blood after the port and give the medication and flush again and after that, continue with the transfusion. just confused.

My Nurse Says profile image78

My Nurse Says says

scruffyfy profile image60

scruffyfy says

Dubuquedogtrainer profile image60

Dubuquedogtrainer says