Sally's Trove profile image 100

How to kill a lone tick without using chemicals?

You can kill a tick with chemicals, but what if you find a live one, as I did on the cover of my kitchen trash can today? Short of slicing it in half with a knife, how do you squash it? I have strong finger nails and applied one of them to the center of the tick, a couple of times. I thought it was dead, and was amazed to find that 20 minutes later it was still kicking its legs. (I'd saved it in a glass jar to show my daughter what had invaded our house.)

annemaeve profile image81

annemaeve says

• Dubuquedogtrainer profile image

Dubuquedogtrainer 5 years ago

I have flagged this question for review to find out why someone is voting down all of these legitimate answers. When people take the time to provide an answer in good faith there is no reason that it should be marked down. Read the rules.

Melissa A Smith profile image93

Melissa A Smith says

Dubuquedogtrainer profile image60

Dubuquedogtrainer says