blessed365 profile image 81

Can I be a nurse and not work in hospitals?

If I was to go to school to become a nurse, am I just limited to working in hospitals? I don't really want to be in a hospital setting every day. Are there other jobs nurses can do.

Larry Wall says

• TDAPharm profile image

TDAPharm 5 years ago

There are plenty options available as mentioned above. You can work inpatient (such as the hospital) or outpatient (which can be in clinics or even visit patients in their homes). School will provide experiences for you to find out.

Jade0215 says

• peachpower profile image

peachpower 4 years ago

It's actually the other way around. Hospitals are not at the top of high paying jobs in the US, especially if you're a graduate nurse with no experience. Pay increases are based on years in the trenches (for lack of a better word).