NateB11 profile image 93

What do you do when dealing with someone who talks too much?

I have a friend who talks feverishly, in a scattered way, continuously, like a monologue, and a lot of it doesn't make sense, even fantastic; he will hold you captive, drain you, and keep you from necessary and significant activities. It's pretty rude. Probably there is such a thing as being too polite to such a person. How do you handle such a situation?

MickS profile image78

MickS says

• NateB11 profile image

Nathan Bernardo (NateB11) 5 years ago

Hahahaha! That's pretty much what I was thinking, or at least I had it in reserve as an option.

Jerine Sunny profile image60

Jerine Sunny says

calculus-geometry says

• NateB11 profile image

Nathan Bernardo (NateB11) 5 years ago

I think you're absolutely right. It is really their lack of awareness which makes them do it; as you say, they are oblivious to the effect they're having and to what they are doing. He is also one of these people who refuses to see it.