I get the thick book we keep in the bathroom for such situations and drop it on the little angel. If this doesn't work I get my broom and stomp it with the bristles OR get my hairspray and saturate her good with it. Once the life is gone from her twitching, leggy body I dispose of it. If said spider had the audacity to already get into the water I'd get alcohol or Pine Sol and pour this into the water, and then let her swirl down the drain. I know this must shock the spidey lovers but I was bitten by what was called an "ordinary house spider" (hidden under a bed pillow) and went into anaphylactic shock. As I see it, since I don't go out and crawl into their homes or even think to disturb their personal space they better stay clear of mine.