Rosie writes profile image 85

Have you ever seen a shark in the ocean while at the beach?

Just last week a man took a photo of a large fin not far from swimmers in waist deep water in Avon, "N.C. tourist captures fin of shark in photo"(The Virginian Pilot). The picture was shown to a National Park Service ranger, who estimated the shark to be 15 to 20 feet long and either a great white or tiger shark.

UMHiram profile image79

Unique Hiram (UMHiram) says

• Rosie writes profile image

Rosie writes 4 years ago

I'm with you. Every summer I hear about sightings and attacks. I know the chances are remote but it still creeps me out.

LaughinChance profile image60

LaughinChance says

• Rosie writes profile image

Rosie writes 4 years ago

Wow! The closest I've come to a large shark, is when I watched Jaws and that was enough to make me cautious in the ocean - Did anyone continue swimming after seeing the seal attack?

MickS profile image77

MickS says

• Rosie writes profile image

Rosie writes 4 years ago

That is sooo scary to me. I've seen is a large dolphin leap in the air just 5 feet from me in waist deep water, which made me fall backwards as I saw the fin first.