bethperry profile image 92

What made the American flag blow during the 1969 moon landing?

This week my husband and I watched historical footage of the 1969 moon landing when we noticed the American flag that was planted was sailing. Since there isn't supposed to be wind on the moon what accounts for the blowing flag in this footage?

JohnGreasyGamer profile image87

Best Answer John Roberts (JohnGreasyGamer) says

• bethperry profile image

Beth Perry (bethperry) 5 years ago

JohnGreasyGamer, that makes sense!

Becky Katz profile image83

Becky Katz says

Alastar Packer profile image85

Alastar Packer says

• bethperry profile image

Beth Perry (bethperry) 5 years ago

Alastar, it does sound far-fetched but yeah, I've heard the rumor. One source told me that the "proof" was in the lack of stars in the footage. But I don't know, I'm not much of a space buff. But such things are interesting :)

Angelina Ricci says