cam8510 profile image 94

Re:Lunar mining of helium3, most clean/abundant energy source, should it be opposed environmentally?

It is a forgone conclusion that other countries will go to the moon to mine helium3 soon. Should America refuse to participate on environmental grounds or would this be national, economic suicide?

jonnycomelately profile image86

Best Answer Alan (jonnycomelately) says

• cam8510 profile image

Chris Mills (cam8510) 4 years ago

Very good points jonnycomelately. As I have been researching, the helium will sell for $3 a ton. We need 26T/yr for the US alone. What I have read is that this is enough to make it worth the money. Interesting points about the moon/enviornment.

Ratihegde profile image60

Rati Hegde (Ratihegde) says

• cam8510 profile image

Chris Mills (cam8510) 4 years ago

Ratihedge-I really am neutral on this right now. What if it is doable and the energy is clean? Wouldn't that be good? Much less oil drilling and dumping. The moon will just pile up with more space dust after we smooth our mines over.