Hawaiian Scribe profile image 91

Do you think that the importance of having a college degree is over-rated?

crickette_w profile image73

Best Answer crickette_w says

• Hawaiian Scribe profile image

Stephanie Launiu (Hawaiian Scribe) 4 years ago

I agree that tuition is through the roof and ridiculous. College is a big-time business supported by government and ripping off students and parents. Most jobs requiring college degrees overhype the need for a degree. Voted yours the best answer.

Vellur profile image89

Nithya Venkat (Vellur) says

• Hawaiian Scribe profile image

Wow, are you kidding? I've lived in Hawaii and California and have seen many college grads on unemployment or working in underpaying jobs. Thanks for your reply anyway. Aloha, Stephanie

danajconnelly profile image69

danajconnelly says

• Hawaiian Scribe profile image

I admire you for your diligence in pursuing 2 masters degrees & repaying your loans. I agree that, depending on the position, someone who gets hired without a degree can have 4 yrs of experience by the time the person in school gets their degree

dragonflyfla profile image55

dragonflyfla says

• Hawaiian Scribe profile image

I agree that the college system is haywire. You bring up a good point about the internet. Since so much info is available online, much of what one learns in the classroom is open to everyone on the web. It's not about knowledge; it's about power.