Laura Schneider profile image 92

What have you done TODAY to set a good example for others?

Enlightened, educated people should, in my opinion, set a good example for others as often as possible. An obvious case is parents setting their children on the right paths. But I think we should expect all enlightened/respectable/good human beings to set good examples for others regularly. If you agree with my opinion, then what have you done TODAY to set a good example(s)? If you disagree with my opinion, on what basis do you disagree and what do you propose instead? Please elaborate.

davidlivermore profile image90

David Livermore (davidlivermore) says

• Laura Schneider profile image

Laura Schneider 4 years ago

That's the spirit--this is a good example, davidlivermore! Little or big, it doesn't matter: it's "doing the right thing"--or even a little bit more than necessary--that will make society better, in my opinion. The whole world can benefit from this.

Li Galo profile image85

Li Galo says

• Laura Schneider profile image

Laura Schneider 4 years ago

Li Galo! What a wonderful person you are. It is so nice to "meet" you! And, I love your selfless "pay it forward" attitude, too. If only more people were like you... Your son is very lucky to have such a caring mom. (I have a great mom, too.)

celeste inscribed profile image84

Celeste Wilson (celeste inscribed) says

• Laura Schneider profile image

Laura Schneider 4 years ago

celeste I laughed out loud at your comment! This lesson I am forever trying to learn. Love your 2:1 ratio analogy! Saying nothing is, indeed, often a good example for others--especially in an era where "talking over" each other is so common (rude!!).

connorj profile image82

John Connor (connorj) says

• Laura Schneider profile image

Laura Schneider 4 years ago

connorj, you're doing lots of things--consciously--to set good examples for those around you! You are a good person and you are showing others the right way by your actions and words. You won't have to do it ALL yourself--it will be contagious!

Karmallama profile image89

Doreen Lucky (Karmallama) says

• Laura Schneider profile image

Laura Schneider 4 years ago

Excellent, Karmallama! You have risen above your own up-bringing and are showing your little one a better way through life. You're right--it is the myriad little things we do that set good examples for others. Keep up the good work! It will pay off!