xmags profile image 91

If I am a Christian who believes in both Creationism and Evolution, then what does that make me?

I believe that 1 day for God might be a hundred, thousand, or maybe even million years for man. In that sense, I think that even though the bible clearly states that on this day, God made this and that, yada, yada, there is a chance that it wasn't all just formed in a day, and we know that it really did take hundreds, thousands and millions of years for these stuff to take form. And I was thinking, maybe that's why humans were created on the 6th day--because it took that long for humans to evolve. I'm baffled but I'd like to believe in both if it's even possible.

HeadlyvonNoggin profile image88

Jeremy Christian (HeadlyvonNoggin) says

• xmags profile image

Xeng (xmags) 4 years ago

Thank you for such an insightful comment. It just makes me feel bad how some people have to choose between the two when in fact they can be read and understood alongside each other. :) Again, thank you so much HeadlyvonNoggin. :)

Caleb DRC profile image80

Caleb DRC says

• xmags profile image

Xeng (xmags) 4 years ago

but then again, not every piece if writing is to be taken literally. There are a lot of symbolisms in the bible and i just thought maybe that was the way God did it. How would you explain the adaptation in animals then?

The0NatureBoy profile image52

Elijah A Alexander Jr (The0NatureBoy) says

Emily Sparks says

• Caleb DRC profile image

Caleb DRC 4 years ago

Emily, You are so totally right. Did engineers, architects and a construction firm build the skyscraper, or was it a tornado? How can it be both with all those hammers going in a circle?