hmclio profile image 91

What made you decide to pursue your career or studies?

Lots of choices and situations are factored into our decisions to do what we do. I study history and literature because I've always been an avid reader, and loved historical and mythological stories. A literature professor encouraged me to study history, and my love for books got me my start in the public library system. What made you decide to do whatever it is you do?

Paul Kuehn profile image89

Paul Richard Kuehn (Paul Kuehn) says

• Manwithaplan profile image

Manwithaplan 3 years ago

I have always wanted to learn other languages. I am learning Spanish right. Chinese always intrigued me. That is great to hear that you are doing what you love and make good money doing it.

uNicQue profile image92

Nicole Quaste (uNicQue) says

• hmclio profile image

hmclio 3 years ago

As a History major, I often get asked the exact same questions. At the present time, I work in a public library and consider that a baby step to what I eventually want to do. I'm glad you can find plenty of choices for what you really want to do!

Manwithaplan profile image79

Manwithaplan says

• hmclio profile image

hmclio 3 years ago

Money is always a driving factor and should be considered when picking careers and degrees. It's interesting that you got the idea through a career quiz. It led you to something that you could make money doing and still enjoy it! Good answer, thanks!

cherryseeds profile image61

KABILIGI Clement (cherryseeds) says

• Manwithaplan profile image

Manwithaplan 3 years ago

I can understand that. In a way that is similar due to the demand of jobs. Sometimes you have to go with a job that will support you and your family. I wish you luck in your education.

jaiserabbas profile image59

Jaiser Abbas (jaiserabbas) says

• hmclio profile image

hmclio 3 years ago

Unfortunately that is a problem with lots of students. They study what they dream of doing and get discouraged early on. This makes them either change their major or go back to school. That's good advice! Good answer, thank you!