Billie Kelpin profile image 91

What do you feel compelled to prove and to whom do you have to prove it?

I had the lyrics of a song in my head for a long time (not the music mind you, just the lyrics). The concept of the song is about our individual need to prove something. Maybe I'm the only one. I realized, though, at one point of my life, that I stopped trying to prove anything to anyone. (That's the gift of getting older!) I'm looking for things we feel we have to prove to people for my song/poem or whatever it turns out to be. THANKS

JimTxMiller profile image78

Jim Miller (JimTxMiller) says

• Billie Kelpin profile image

Billie Kelpin 4 years ago

-the most authentic way to live! Was it always that way for you Jim? That's the way I feel now - well, ALMOST, except for getting my short story made into a movie, my business making money, n writing something of value (I gotta prove that to me)

phtech profile image82

Skyler Parker (phtech) says

• Billie Kelpin profile image

Billie Kelpin 4 years ago

With a philosophy like that phtech, you surely have already proved to your peers and elders your worth. "In excess of what they expect of me" is a great line to work in a poem or lyric because of the repitition of "ex". Mind if I use it in some way?