prektjr.dc profile image 83

Have you ever been a part of chasing a tornado?

Tornadoes are unpredictable forces of nature that, for some reason, draw thrill seekers into the danger zone. Recently three seasoned, trained, professional storm chasers were killed by a tornado and a car of others were seriously injured. While on our way to a storm shelter, we were amazed at the number of amateurs who were jumping in their cars to head out to catch a picture of it! Are bragging rights really worth the risk? I am intrigued by tornadoes, but have learned to respect them more than ever before. I live near Joplin, Missouri and know the reality all too well, leave it to the pros.

NMLady profile image78

NMLady says

• prektjr.dc profile image

Debbie Carey (prektjr.dc) 4 years ago

NMLady, Thanks for commenting! That sounds scary! 8 years ago, my children and I were under a set of bunkbeds when one took out the back of my barn 75 feet away. Friday, I went underground in the basement of a local school. I am smarter now!

• prektjr.dc profile image

Debbie Carey (prektjr.dc) 4 years ago

duffsmom, Thank you for your comment. That response is the smartest one! MOST tornadoes do damage. Why people would want to BE that damage....I do not understand. However...I must admit..I have actually done some chasing.