Mabalani profile image 79

Is the ability to speak at least one additional language, to mother tongue, fluently, important?

In Briatin there's a great reluctnace to learn and speak other languages. I like a know how many people in the community are bi/multilingual

MickS profile image71

MickS says

• Mabalani profile image

Thami Mqota (Mabalani) 4 years ago

Thank you for your honesty. But you forgot to add that the globe was once 3/4 pink, which meant Brits didn't need to learn anybodies language. Then, as now, only the learned borther. The French held similar attitudes, due to owning the last 1/4.

josters profile image81

Janik D (josters) says

• Mabalani profile image

Thami Mqota (Mabalani) 4 years ago

Thank you for your gracious answer joster. I agree with you whole heartedly, but maybe that's made because English is also not my first language.

We don't learn the rudiments of English grammar in British state schools; not in the '70s anyway