Sherry Hewins profile image 96

Does the school system in your state still teach cursive writing?

Many states no longer teach students to write in longhand. I'm glad that, so far, students in California are still required to learn to read and write cursive.

bethperry profile image89

Beth Perry (bethperry) says

• duffsmom profile image

P. Thorpe Christiansen (duffsmom) 4 years ago

And isn't it a bit scary to know that these are some of the people teaching our children? I can't count the number of times I got notes from teachers with misspellings and grammar errors. I wanted to "red pencil" the note and send it back.

Rochelle Frank profile image88

Rochelle Frank says

• Sherry Hewins profile image

Sherry Hewins 4 years ago

It was considered a necessary tool when we went to school. One thing that comes to my mind is reading old letters, writings from the past. Will that be something only those with a "special skill" can do?

• Sherry Hewins profile image

Sherry Hewins 4 years ago

I think so too. Do the kids still turn in hand printed papers, or are they expected to do everything on a computer? It seems like it would be faster and easier for them to write an essay than to hand print it.

• Sherry Hewins profile image

Sherry Hewins 4 years ago

It's sad if only the kids who go to private school learn to write cursive. Do the public school kids not learn cursive in Montana?