Billie Kelpin profile image 92

What are some stupid things that you, as a teacher, have told parents?

I remember being a young, naive 24 year old teacher going on a "home visit" for a deaf/ emotionally disturbed 6 year-old who had terrifying tantrums if anyone tried to make him eat ANYTHING except fried chicken. Her husband was in the Army overseas and she was raising 3 children by herself. I had the audacity to walk into this woman's home and tell her she SHOULD present a variety of food at dinner time and if Danny didn't eat it, send him to bed screaming. She looked at me as if I were crazy and said, "Look, all I want is a little peace at mealtime I DON'T CARE if he eats fried chicken!"

Jacqueline4390 profile image89

Jacqueline Williamson BBA MPA MS (Jacqueline4390) says

• Billie Kelpin profile image

Billie Kelpin 3 years ago

Those tough unruly night youth ! :) This is cute, actually! I can visualize you saying it and then realizing what you said, probably at the time you actually were speaking it! BTW, I LOVE the hat! Thanks so much for your comment.