The Examiner-1 profile image 76

Who has, or has not, heard of "cloud to ground lightning"?

All of the years that I lived in New Jersey (about 30) I had never heard of it - until I moved down south. Now, that is about all that we get - and it is deadly.

Best Answer JThomp42 says

• The Examiner-1 profile image

The Examiner-1 3 years ago

When I lived in NJ all the weatherman said was "Thuderstorms today". Now it is "Severe T-storms with critical cloud-to-ground lightning". After the storms you hear about all of the people who were hit by the lightning. I never heard it this bad.

• The Examiner-1 profile image

The Examiner-1 3 years ago

I know what it is - now. I just do not like it. For 30 years up in the nortern state I heard about trees occasionally hit by "lightning". Now in 4-5 years in the southern state I have heard about so many "people" killed by cloud-to-ground lightning!