Robie Benve profile image 94

At what age should we give the "sex talk" to our son?

What is the most appropriate age to talk to a boy and go into details and about respect for your and your girl's body and sex safety in a relationship? Should we wait until he's seeing someone? Is it better to talk about it in advance so it's covered? Is it better if the father (male figure) is the one talking about it?

Millionaire Tips profile image89

Shasta Matova (Millionaire Tips) says

• Robie Benve profile image

Robie Benve 2 years ago

Totally agree, in fact I have been talking on and off about the subject with him, but in a general way, more about relationships than sex. True that trust needs to be built in layers. Thanks!

jlpark profile image90

Jacqui (jlpark) says

• Robie Benve profile image

Robie Benve 2 years ago

Very good point, jlpark, I totally agree. Never assume anything, thanks for mentioning it, because I don't know if I would have thought of keeping it gender-free on my own, since he is currently head over hills for a girl.

Dr. Arthur Ide profile image79

Dr. Arthur Ide says

• Robie Benve profile image

Robie Benve 2 years ago

lol, I can totally see that! They explained a lot in school about puberty and growing bodies, with videos etc, so I know he knows the mechanics, at least I don't have to go through that. :)

Zelkiiro profile image85

Zelkiiro says

Rod Marsden profile image80

Rod Marsden says