beyoulou profile image 60

Why do people choose alternate therapy over western medicine and vice versa?

with information available at the press of a button, it is perplexing to find that most people choose one type of health care over the other. I believe this is partly due to much conflicting information. Those on the 'alternative' side of the fence tend to view western medicine as toxic and causing more problems than they solve. On the other hand, those who seek or provide western medicine view alternate therapies as unscientific and 'left of field'. Both have good and not so good qualities, so it makes one wonder why people don't weigh up one against the other and make an informed decision?

liesl5858 profile image82

Linda Bryen (liesl5858) says

• beyoulou profile image

beyoulou 2 years ago

What I find interesting is that people seeking alternative therapies don't wary of it and turn to medicine.

C.V.Rajan profile image75

Disillusioned (C.V.Rajan) says

• beyoulou profile image

beyoulou 2 years ago

I agree. what I wonder is why it has to be one way or the other. I would love to see both integrated. sometimes one is more appropriate over another, and i'm sure there's cases that could benefit from a dual approach.