1. Both had a belief that they have the right to rule.
2. Both were ruthlessness when dealing with enemies or potential enemies.
3. Both had a realization that the belief of others can be twisted to suit their purposes.
4. Both had the desire to create something big that would last.
5. Both rose from humble beginnings.
6. Both are considered to have been evil.
7. Both were affected by war.
8. Both changed the outlook and potential of their own people.
9. Both were visionaries.
10. Both knew how to intimidate the yet to be conquered.
I have never read of Genghis Khan being squeamish when it comes to blood but apparently Hitler preferred not to have meat on his plate because there might be blood. He also did not go hunting or approve of the sport. Strange for a man who condemned so many people to death but there you have it.