Insightful Tiger profile image 85

Why do Christians support political parties and join armed forces?

If Jesus said "put down your sword", "pray for your enemies" , "my kingdom is no part of this world", preached about the "kingdom of heaven" and called Satan the "ruler of this world" why do Christians support political parties and join armed forces?

• Insightful Tiger profile image

Insightful Tiger 2 years ago

I also believe that many people are "wanting to have their ears tickled". I appreciate your point about the US Declaration of Independence and the KKK. Very interesting. You made me think of those things in a new light. Thank you.

Jackie Lynnley profile image78

Jackie Lynnley says

• Insightful Tiger profile image

Insightful Tiger 2 years ago

I agree God's people, the Israelites, battled when they were identified by their nationality . After Jesus came, God's people could now be Gentiles and Christians are now found in all countries, even America! So why don't they lay down their swords?

Electro-Denizen profile image87

Charles (Electro-Denizen) says

• Insightful Tiger profile image

Insightful Tiger 2 years ago

Yes it is weird. In WWII the clergy was blessing both sides of the battle. Pope Pius XII actually supported Hitler.

Even Gandhi said that the problem wasn't with Christ and his teachings, but rather with Christians.

Sri T profile image80

Sri T (the mystic) (Sri T) says

• Insightful Tiger profile image

Insightful Tiger 2 years ago

You make a good point. "a higher, spiritual" power must step in. Jesus spoke of God's kingdom. Daniel also spoke of it in Daniel 2:44.

I understand fear of the consequences of laying down your weapon, but what's the alternative? Becoming a murderer.

DannoMan says

The0NatureBoy profile image74

Elijah A Alexander Jr (The0NatureBoy) says

8 weeks ago
stas karimov profile image60

Stas Karimov says

7 weeks ago
  • The0NatureBoy profile image

Elijah A Alexander Jr (The0NatureBoy) 7 weeks ago

Christians are to be the Kingdom of god (Luke 17:21) and god does all things (Isaiah 45:7) so your "I do not think that Christians serve God" is an error, what everyone does is serving god so that is not the reason.

Kiss andTales profile image21

Kiss andTales says

• Insightful Tiger profile image

Insightful Tiger 2 years ago

Thank you for the scriptures. I see the point you are making. Jesus is clearly not saying that anarchy is the goal. Rather the point is that if you are loving and peaceful as he was, then you would not war against your brother in any country.