Snøwman profile image 60

Did I break the laws of physics?

I went on a camping trip for 3 days and never used sunblock. The whole time I never got a sunburn until I rode the bus home. I got sunburned through the closed window on the bus. It was only my arm that was near the window that was burned, nothing else. I've always heard that you can't get a sunburn through glass, but I did.

Blond Logic profile image91

Mary Wickison (Blond Logic) says

• Snøwman profile image

Snøwman 2 years ago

The magnifying glass thing works with infrared, not ultraviolet. No it wasn't bad. It was barely a sunburn and it happened a few years ago.

Patty Inglish, MS profile image89

Patty Inglish (Patty Inglish, MS) says

Nicole Grizzle profile image93

Nicole Grizzle says

• Snøwman profile image

Snøwman 2 years ago

I know about uva that can go through glass, but why didn't I get burned before I got on the bus?