colorfulone profile image 87

How would you survive the Yellowstone Caldera, Supervolcano eruption?

I recently watched the movie "Supervolcano" on Netflix. Realizing that if the Yellowstone Caldera does blow as predicted, that I best have a better survival plan. I live in northern Minnesota near the Canadian border. What kind of survival plans does one make for a disaster of such magnitude?

LillyGrillzit profile image81

Best Answer Lori J Latimer (LillyGrillzit) says

Stargrrl 2 years ago

I didn't know that it would be that severe! Scary!

Cynthia Hoover profile image95

Cynthia Hoover says

• colorfulone profile image

Susie Lehto (colorfulone) 2 years ago

Thank you, Cynthia. I just read your hub, "Doomsday Prepping "Bugging in" Sustainability and Preparedness Basic Survival At Home". I will be reading more of your in-depth and researched material and recommended sites.

wychic profile image90

Rebecca Mikulin (wychic) says

• colorfulone profile image

Susie Lehto (colorfulone) 2 years ago

Rebecca, that sounds bleak for people living in Wyoming. Major concerns for all of you so close to Yellowstone. A lot will depend on the wind's direction though. I just hope it does not blow.

lollyj lm profile image61

Laurel Johnson (lollyj lm) says

• colorfulone profile image

Susie Lehto (colorfulone) 2 years ago

Laurel, wouldn't it be nice if the government was building shelters with supplies to house the masses of people in case of a supervolcano.

Stargrrl says

• colorfulone profile image

Susie Lehto (colorfulone) 2 years ago

It sounds like it would just be a matter of time for those in the states who do survive if they do not have a clean water source. At any rate, its best to be prepared for lesser natural disasters. It is a lot to think about.