colorfulone profile image 86

The Food Chain: Does it make you sad to witness it?

It is a sight to see a wolf running a deer down to eat. Or, to see a hawk swoop down to feed on smaller creatures or carry it off to bring to a nest to feed its young. I know that is how the food chain works, but it saddens me to witness these things in the wild. Is acceptance the key?

CNelson01 profile image81

Best Answer Chuck Nelson (CNelson01) says

• colorfulone profile image

Susie Lehto (colorfulone) 2 years ago

New International Version

"The wolf will live with the lamb, the leopard will lie down with the goat, the calf and the lion and the yearling together; and a little child will lead them."

Jackie Lynnley profile image92

Jackie Lynnley says

• colorfulone profile image

Susie Lehto (colorfulone) 2 years ago

That is kind of the same as what Chuck Nelson said in his comment. Thank you, Jackie.

Akriti Mattu profile image77

Akriti Mattu says

• colorfulone profile image

Susie Lehto (colorfulone) 2 years ago

That is a good point you make about the ecological balance. People seem to be rather good at disturbing it and the animals suffer.

kj force profile image74

kjforce (kj force) says

• colorfulone profile image

Susie Lehto (colorfulone) 2 years ago

Yes, if people could only get along as well as the animal kingdom, we would have a much safer world. Good point.

chuckandus6 profile image71

Nichol marie (chuckandus6) says

• colorfulone profile image

Susie Lehto (colorfulone) 2 years ago

It got to me recently to see a Coopers Hawk eat a Robin for dinner in the yard. I love the Robins.

Then, I am missing a few Ruffed Grouse that I suspect the hawks ate. They are like wild chickens to me that come to eat corn.

Jeanette Harris (Netty net) says

• colorfulone profile image

Susie Lehto (colorfulone) 2 years ago

It is a cruel world out there for the wild animals. Dog eat dog!