1. Just plain mean-ness.Some people are just mean
2. They're paid to do it: attack the messenger
3. The inability to even accept that another view has merit
4. Spoiled from birth to think they are always right
5. "Charlie Brown Syndrome"....they are block-heads. It's like chipping at a huge wall with a chisel.
6. Fear. Scared to see that maybe their myths are just that--myths.
7. Superiority Complex: "Of course my views are the only right views"
8. More fear: What if everything we've been told is a lie?