MarieLB profile image 83

Have you written down a plan for x years hence?

We are here working for what? Have you thought where you will get you as a writer in say. . . .5 years time? Have you thought it through? What are you doing now that will get you there? They sound like many questions, but in reality it is only one. What are you doing now that will get you where you want to be in say. . .5, 4 or 1 year's time?

Best Answer Tim Mitchell (tsmog) says

• MarieLB profile image

Marie L Boler (MarieLB) 2 years ago

By Jove, I think you've got it Tim! What an impressive life plan. Now THAT is focus!

Buildreps profile image92

Buildreps says

• MarieLB profile image

Marie L Boler (MarieLB) 2 years ago

Hi, I cannot but agree with most of the points u make here, Future plans can & do go awry. But on writing down plans, I beg to differ. It involves many of d senses & this makes it more 'real'. And writing can easily be amended as u go along.

alancaster149 profile image82

Alan R Lancaster (alancaster149) says

• MarieLB profile image

Marie L Boler (MarieLB) 2 years ago

There goes the voice of a professional author. It is the voice of security of focus & you would not need a written plan, would you? It is amazing that despite the busy schedule you find the time to be here. Thank you so much for sharing Alan

Rod Marsden profile image76

Rod Marsden says

• MarieLB profile image

Marie L Boler (MarieLB) 2 years ago

You are so lucid in your plan, that I have no doubt that u will succeed or at least get close. U sound like u truly know what u want, & that is just great. Suggest u read Alan Robert Lancaster for inspiration! Thank you for sharing with us.

maven101 profile image79

maven101 says

• MarieLB profile image

Marie L Boler (MarieLB) 2 years ago

How lovely and refreshing maven101. A woman of courage of her conviction. I do admire that.

My question is not the HOW of doing this [although it comes into the answer] but whether you do or you don't & the why explains the objective. Thank

DWDavisRSL profile image81

DW Davis (DWDavisRSL) says

• MarieLB profile image

Marie L Boler (MarieLB) 2 years ago

DW Davis, thanks for responding. Changes keep us flexible, as you are with your plans. But a plan creates stars to light the way . . .and if we don't make it all the way, there are other stars we can grab on to. I love the RV and camping bit. Mmm

MarieLB profile image83

Marie L Boler (MarieLB) says