Phyllis Doyle profile image 91

What kind of bird is it?

We have had about six hours of thunder and rain off and on. Out in the sage brush is a bird that seems to be enjoying the coolness of the now misty rain and the sweet smell of the sage. It is happy, with a lovely song I have not heard before. It is repeated over and ove:. 5 or 6 chirps, 5 to 7 sounds like "sweet", then a long trill. What kind of bird sings like that?

Blond Logic profile image90

Best Answer Mary Wickison (Blond Logic) says

• Phyllis Doyle profile image

Phyllis Doyle Burns (Phyllis Doyle) 23 months ago

Hi Tim. I should have specified that the sage is native to Nevada, desert sage. Of course it is native to other desert areas also. Thanks for the info on ''WhatBird.com'. I did not know that Salvia is in the sage family - interesting.

Marie Flint profile image91

Marie Flint says