Are you or have you ever been a member of a book club?

I am thinking of how fun and interesting it would be to join a book club. I have never done so before, and for some reason it sounds like an interesting endeavor. If you have ever joined a book club, was it a positive experience and did you meet new friends? Are you currently a member of a book club? Have you hosted a book club in your home or elsewhere? If I am unable to find one locally, I wonder what is the best way to get the word out locally to host one in my home. Around these parts, normally, we have Bible studies in our home. Thank you for sharing.

bravewarrior profile image94

Best Answer Shauna L Bowling (bravewarrior) says

Faith Reaper 21 months ago

Wow, Sha, that is cool and then some! Now, that is what I am talking about ...the added bonus of going to a book signing. Thank you for sharing all and about the meet up, which I would not have guessed that's what it is LOL. Another awesome answer!

Phyllis Doyle profile image92

Phyllis Doyle Burns (Phyllis Doyle) says

Faith Reaper 21 months ago

Hi Phyllis, I know what you mean, and I do not know why I have never considered it before! Oh, that is interesting about the BnN meeting. I truly think it would be interesting and who knows, meet new friends with common interests...that is reading!

Jackie Lynnley profile image75

Jackie Lynnley says

Faith Reaper 21 months ago

Hi Jackie, Wow, that sounds like so much fun and interesting too! I would love to own my own book store! What a blessing ...It sounds like the perfect heaven on earth to me, especially with your children and reading! Hugs

misterhollywood profile image91

John Hollywood (misterhollywood) says

Faith Reaper 21 months ago

Hahaha, hmm, drink friendly? I guess that is up to the host of the book club ... a glass of Merlot is fine ... : ) Thank you for answering. I think a book club is a fun idea for sure, drinks or not ..