oceansnsunsets profile image 89

What explains some vitamins and health supplements being in bright synthetic colors?

Many people are trying to get more and more healthy, and getting back to more natural ingredients. While doing this, many are avoiding chemicals and synthetic things, and colors as well. (When possible.) Today my husband picked up a generic Target brand for a supplement, and I kid you not, the color was a very deep and dark maroon or magenta color. It matched the lid of the bottle. The ingredients showed they added red dye and some blue. I don't even want to take them for all of the color added in to get this deep, rich dark color. The supplement is Co Q 10, no colors needed.

Dr. Haddox profile image71

Dr Freddie Haddox (Dr. Haddox) says

• oceansnsunsets profile image

Paula (oceansnsunsets) 20 months ago

It wasn't a cheap bottle of vitamins either, and I am concerned about the health consequences over time of the red dye. Not just a little bit of red dye, mind you, but a lot! I am boycotting the bright colors if not natural.

chuckandus6 profile image50

Nichol marie (chuckandus6) says

• oceansnsunsets profile image

Paula (oceansnsunsets) 20 months ago

It may be the case, Nichol. For me, the sales gimmick is back firing. I am noticing more and more people trying to get healthier, and want less chemicals and unnatural colors in their diet. So I just don't get it. Thanks for your answer.