gmwilliams profile image 83

In what ways does failure negatively impact upon, even deter success in one's life? Why don't

people refuse to view failure negatively but instead contend that "failure is the stepping stone to success" which is in most cases is a false, even naïve premise? Failure is not respected in our culture and society. In fact, it is reviled. Our parents and teachers were correct in teaching us that failure is a bad thing to be avoided as nothing good comes from failure. Failure creates failures.

Efficient Admin profile image92

Best Answer Efficient Admin says

Tusitala Tom profile image89

Tom Ware (Tusitala Tom) says

• ChristinS profile image

Christin Sander (ChristinS) 23 months ago

So much this. Thomas Edision (what a failure!) I believe is coined with saying "“I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work” We ALL fail at something in life, it's what we do with it that counts.

gmwilliams profile image83

Grace Marguerite Williams (gmwilliams) says

• ChristinS profile image

I think failures are those who let society define them and quit trying. By your definition every artist creates a masterpiece with the first stroke of the brush or is a failure. I disagree. Success is about determination and perseverance; not luck