StephanPoe profile image 80

Do you think Depression increases one Creativity? Is it linked to genius writers?

Following my most recent hub I had to come here and ask you guys this. After all we are all writers. Virginia Woolf, David Foster Wallance, many are the names, many are the faces. I think Depression is deeply bound to creativity and while one is condemned to a life of mental misery one is also gifted with the hability to craft and shape worlds, people and situations within the imaginarium. What is your opinion? Do you personally know any case?

Kylyssa profile image97

Best Answer Kylyssa Shay (Kylyssa) says

• StephanPoe profile image

StephanPoe 2 years ago

Exactly what I think!! You have said it all man. Never stop producing art. Never. Great awnser.

KMSplumeau profile image81

KMSplumeau says

• StephanPoe profile image

StephanPoe 2 years ago

And do you think Depression can be a tool for any other besides art? Such as science?

lisavollrath profile image97

Lisa Vollrath (lisavollrath) says

• StephanPoe profile image

StephanPoe 2 years ago

Thanks for sharing. It's an interesting point of view. I believe greatest art comes from a depressive mind, the thing is, it only happens if art is the only purpose you have to hang on to. The only thing you have in life. Like van Gogh and many other

brutishspoon profile image61

Amy (brutishspoon) says

• StephanPoe profile image

StephanPoe 2 years ago

So you are one of the examples

Is There A Link Between Creativity and Depression61

Is There A Link Between Creativity and Depression