gmwilliams profile image 82

What are the ways that religion fosters low self-esteem and a general feeling of worthlessness?

Austinstar profile image83

Best Answer Lela (Austinstar) says

• Austinstar profile image

Lela (Austinstar) 2 years ago

Oh yea, the song is "Amazing Grace". And it is amazing that religionists firmly believe that a god would who would curse all humans to be "sinners" would then "save" them from himself?

• Austinstar profile image

Lela (Austinstar) 2 years ago

Yes, I believe there is a very strong correlation between 'god' and Santa! In fact, the two are barely distinguishable. I think the old "gods" evolved into the Santa figure because of the evolution of the minds of mankind.

KMSplumeau profile image85

KMSplumeau says

• Austinstar profile image

Lela (Austinstar) 2 years ago

This is the truth about religion. They need it to be true to justify their judgmental attitude toward life. You summed up my point very well.