(1)To live vicariously through them. So many people don't fulfill their dreams so they have children hoping that they live the dreams the former wants to live.
(2)For old age insurance. Yes, there are people who have children in order to be taken care of in their old age. They see children as in-built caretakers who will be there for them when they decline.
(3)In order to establish a legacy. There are people who have children to ensure that they live on posthumously, especially those who have no discernible education, talent, nor career. To these people, having children insures a legacy of one kind or another.
(4)Having children for the sake of having them. Oh yes, there are people who have children just to say they have children.
(5) To fill an emotional, psychological, or psychic void in their lives. There are people who have children, hoping that these children will fulfill their unmet needs.
(6) To provide companionship. There are people who have children because they feel that these children will be the companions or friends that they don't have otherwise.
(7) For appearance's sake. There are people who have children in order to look good in the eyes of their parents, friends, & society in general.
(8) For pure egotistical reasons. Some people view children as trophies & mementos.
(9) To have someone whom they can exercise their power over. There are people who have children as a source of power play.