savvydating profile image 81

How do you define "handsome" or "beautiful?"

For example, I have had people tell me that someone is handsome and I look at them and think, "Huh?" They look very nice, sort of...but handsome? I don't think so. Apparently, beauty really is in the eye of the beholder? In my mind, top model is beautiful and the rest are nice looking or not as much. How about you? And yes, I fully realize that beauty is only skin deep. But technically, what is handsome or beautiful to you?

Best Answer Paula (fpherj48) says

• savvydating profile image

savvydating 10 months ago

What a lovely compliment, Paula. Thank you!! You are so right---it is that "second glance" that "alerts" us. I appreciate that you brought up healthy living. It makes all the difference. Honestly, I hate exercise. Guess it's time to change that. Lol

Dont Taze Me Bro profile image60

Banned cause of pissants promisem and deantraylor (Dont Taze Me Bro) says

• savvydating profile image

savvydating 10 months ago

Your love for your wife is inspiring, Taze. Indeed, I agree that it is impossible to separate inner beauty and outer beauty. Your answer describes the character of a "beautiful" man.

threekeys profile image83

ThreeKeys says

• savvydating profile image

savvydating 10 months ago

Hi Three Keys....So many wonderful answers, including yours, which express the value of inner beauty. Perfect symmetry is icing on the cake. Thank you for sharing! I appreciate it.

• savvydating profile image

savvydating 10 months ago

Hi Manatita,

No question that physical beauty is temporary and spiritual beauty is forever. Your prose and symbolism is very nice.

Diana Abrahamson profile image80

Diana Abrahamson says

• savvydating profile image

savvydating 10 months ago

That's lovely, Diana. Thank you for giving us a spiritual perspective.

Ayaz Behrani profile image60

Ayaz Latif Behrani (Ayaz Behrani) says

• savvydating profile image

savvydating 10 months ago

Lol. Not the most flattering thing anyone has ever said to me. I'll chalk this up to "a generalization." Ha! But seriously, just make sure your dates don't know how you feel about your "happiness," Ayaz, and nobody will get hurt. ;)

Laurinzo Scott profile image60

Live To Write (Laurinzo Scott) says

• savvydating profile image

savvydating 9 months ago

Yes. Our lives are enhanced when we recognize and appreciate the beautiful spiritual essence within an individual. That is true beauty. Also, thank you for the compliment, Laurinzo. So kind of you.

Old Poolman says

• savvydating profile image

savvydating 10 months ago

Hello Old Poolman.....I was referring to outside appearance only, and I agree with you about the other. The question came up in my mind, recently, because a mom said her sons are really handsome. I didn't say so, but they are not!! Thus, I wonder...