(1) Being treated the most differentially, oftentimes in the most disparate, not preferential way. Oldest children are treated the most disparately in the most negative way by their parents.They are subjected to harsher parental treatment than their younger siblings, especially at similar ages.
(2) Being held to higher, stricter, & even the most stringent standards. Oldest children are expected to tow the familial line so to speak.
(3) Being punished severely if they miss the mark. Oldest children are expected to be perfect, if they fail, there's often HELL to pay.Parents are also more UN-forgiving of oldest children if they err or fail than they would ever be of their younger, particularly their youngest children.
(4) Having to be there for parents & sibings 24/7/365. Oldest children MUST be there to serve parents & siblings. In fact, oldest children are the familial au pairs, servants, & nannies.
(5) Being viewed & treated as adults even though they are still children. Oldest children have childhoods shorter than the winter solstice, they are expected to be adults early & quickly.
(6) Being constantly inundated w/responsibilities.Oldest children are oftentimes "the responsible one".They are "the serious one".They are expected to shoulder familial responsibilities for their parents & siblings, even in adulthood.
(7) Being expected to be strong, NEVER WEAK.Oldest children are expected to always show their strength which means that they are mature. To show any type of vulnerability means that they aren't mature, even childish & such is frowned upon, even derided by parents.
(8) Being shown THE LEAST parental affection, attention, & love. Oldest children are hugged THE LEAST by the parents.They are also kissed less & the least attention is paid to them.Parents feel that oldest children can take care of themselves & don't really need them as they are "big boys" & "big girls".
(9) Having LESS interaction w/their parents.Parents don't spend as much time w/oldest children, except to assign them parental & chore duties.There is little to no discussion & interaction between parents & their oldest children.
(10) Never being seen nor respected as an individual but for their usefulness to parents & siblings alike. Oldest children are only valuable to their parents & siblings only for the services they provide & as to how USEFUL they are. As soon as they are no longer useful to parents & siblings, they are routinely DISCARDED.