Lori Dudley profile image 81

Why does a hermit crab crawl out of its shell to die?

I went out to freshen the water and food and he was outside of his shell. I take good care of him and I was surprised to see him there like that. Not sure their life-span is very long, but it was still weird to see him just laying there, all vulnerable.

SmartAndFun profile image98

SmartAndFun says

• Lori Dudley profile image

Lori Dudley 14 months ago

I never thought of that! I wish that was the case. He didn't bury himself. He was laying out in the open. Thank you so much for responding :-)

Henry Bemis profile image85

Adam Stier (Henry Bemis) says

• Lori Dudley profile image

Lori Dudley 14 months ago

I've had him for quite awhile & he eats regularly & very well. It could have been his age. I have no idea. All I do know is I did all I could as far as temperature, food, water and housing. Maybe it was just his time. Thank you kindly for you