Natalie Frank profile image 97

What does "40 Vestal Virgins" refer to?

I know that the equivalent for Muslim martyrs is allegedly 72 virgins waiting for them in heaven and that vestal virgins serve for 30 year usually ending when they are 40. But I've always heard the term 40 Vestal Virgins and can't find a reference for it anywhere. My character is supposed to make a joke which doesn't work without the term but if it doesn't exist I don't want him sounding like an idiot. Thanks.

gregas profile image80

Greg Schweizer (gregas) says

• Natalie Frank profile image

Natalie Frank 14 months ago

Yes I saw that yesterday. I figured it was a jest of some sort. So no idea on the 40 vestal virgins huh? I'm finding 6 and have no idea where I heard the phrase or what it referred to. Thanks for the reply.

Cissy1946 says