savvydating profile image 81

Anyone have an interesting story to share about DNA testing (results) for ethnicity and Genealogy?

I am receiving a DNA kit for Christmas (my brother spilled the beans) and I am giving one to another family member. So, I'd be interested to hear your stories about the fun, fascinating, surprising, dismal, and/or fabulous discoveries your DNA test revealed about you and your family, if you care to share!

Aime F profile image83

Best Answer Aime (Aime F) says

• savvydating profile image

savvydating 6 months ago

Awesome information, Aime. I have heard that FamilyTree is pretty thorough, but I did not know about GEDmatch. Is that so crazy that you have Turkish ancestry or what? It's funny that you only resemble your mom's side. Lol. Thank you for the tips!

Larry Slawson profile image95

Larry Slawson says

• savvydating profile image

savvydating 6 months ago

Lol. From Native American to Eastern European. That's quite a difference! I imagine it's kind of awesome to find out your real ethnicity so that you can learn more about a whole different culture. I loved your story about your dad. Very cool!!

cmoneyspinner1tf profile image88

Treathyl FOX (cmoneyspinner1tf) says

• savvydating profile image

savvydating 6 months ago

Eeek! I hope he was not referring to the holocaust.... As in "ask a n___i." You never know with some people.