brittvan22 profile image 75

For legal eagles and those well versed in case study, is it ethical for a school to hold back mold ?

Is it legal for a school to withhold the fact that they have mold from the kids. Even when the kids are getting sick? Legally what can be done? I have only found on case where a teacher successful in 2016 sued and won against her school district. How parents found out was via the paper no warning, whatsoever. I'm livid and it may explain why my kid has been sick weekly. Complaining about head aches, stomach aches, etc. There was also a staff member that told me her doctor told her point blank she needs to find a new position. What can be done?

RTalloni profile image86

RTalloni says

9 days ago
  • brittvan22 profile image

brittvan22 6 days ago

I don't think so, but I can look into it. I tried to get DHEC, but they weren't able to go in and test the air, they only had jurisdiction in the cafeteria.

8 days ago
  • brittvan22 profile image

brittvan22 6 days ago

Oh I have the mask, I am going to tell her to wear it tomorrow. I took her to her doctor this week and her health is good, but her doctor said a lot of parents were complaining. So, I will definitely heed your advice.